Before You Shop
Amanda’s tips to consider before shopping at Hyde Park Bridal!
- We close our shop for one-two bridal appointments at a time and our weekend appointments book up a few weeks in advance. Book your appointment early so you can get the date/time you want!
- We reserve 90 minutes for your first bridal appointment and require separate appointments for accessories and returning bridal appointments.
- Know your budget and keep in mind that our gowns start around $1,800 and go up from there.
- All of our gowns are sampled in a bridal gown size 12, 14 or 16. If a sample is too big we will clip it and if its a bit snug we will insert a panel. All of our gowns can be ordered in a size 0-28 but we don’t stock multiple sizes of gowns to try on.
- Start shopping early! Gowns can take 4-6 months to arrive so make sure to allow plenty of time. Select designers will sometimes approve a rush order but we do always have a sample sale rack available!
- Shop with a supportive team and try to limit the number of guests to as few as possible and invite the people whose opinion you value the most. Too many opinions can be overwhelming for a bride. Please no more than 7 guest MAX!
- Bring pictures of gowns you love to your appointment and anything that you want to incorporate into your look.
- We don’t carry entire collections from our designers so if you are looking to try on a specific gown please contact us first to make sure we have a sample in the store for you to try on. If we don’t have that particular gown we can usually get the gown in for you to try!
- Your consultant will help you in and out of the gowns so be sure to wear undergarments that you feel comfortable in.
- Avoid heavy make-up and spray tans before an appointment to help keep our gowns clean!
- We do not provide alterations but can make recommendations for you. Almost all wedding gowns will require alterations and you want to start those about 2-3 months before the wedding.
- Try on several silhouettes and let the consultant make recommendations for you!
- Ask questions and let your consultant know what you like and don’t like about gowns you try on!
- Lastly, have fun and enjoy the special experience of finding your dream gown!